Thursday, March 24, 2011

Rebecca Black and Hypocrisy


Eight lines from billboard number-one singles that are as bad as any lyrics in Rebecca Black’s ‘Friday.’ All of these songs went number-one within the past two years. (vulgar language).

"Honey got a booty like pow, pow, pow
Honey got some boobies like wow, oh wow"
Usher – OMG

"Shittin’ on y’all with the boom boom
Shittin’ on y’all with the boom boom"
Black Eyed Peas – Boom Boom Pow

"Counting 1, 2, 3
Peter, Paul, and Mary
Getting down with 3P
Everybody loves counting."
Britney Spears – 3

"I’m just talking true, I’m telling you about the shit we do
We’re selling our clothes, sleeping in cars, dressing it down, hitting on dudes.
Hard."
Ke$ha – We R Who We R 

"Imma be your banker loaning out semen."
Black Eyed Peas – Imma Be

"Sipping on, Sipping on sizz. Imma make make it fizz.
Girl I keep it gansta popping bottles at the crib."
Far East Movement – Like a G6

"Oh shit, my glass is empty. That sucks.
So if you’re too school for cool."
Pink – Raise Your Glass

"Got a call from my jeweler, this just in.
Bitches love me cause I’m fucking with their best friends."
Wiz Khalifa - Black and Yellow


You can say what you want about Wiz, but the guy understands the intricacies of the female psyche. There are plenty more bad lyrics I’m sure, but sifting through these songs has sent me spiraling into a musical depression. At least it’s less than an hour until Friday. And then Saturday comes afterwards…

2 comments:

  1. i totally agree dyl. Top 40 is lyrically a rough time for everyone, which is why no one puts thought into that as long as this crap has a "good beat". I'm glad Black Eyed Peas were mentioned... several times. I am pretty down with some Ke$ha though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca Black's Friday vs. The Beatles' A Day In The Life

    7am, waking up in the morning - Woke up, fell out of bed

    Gotta be fresh - Dragged a comb across my head

    Gotta go downstairs, gotta have my bowl, gotta have cereal - Found my way downstairs and drank a cup

    Seeing everything, the time is going - Looking up, I noticed I was late

    Ticking on and on, everybody's rushing - Found my coat and grabbed my hat

    Gotta get down to the bus stop, gotta catch my bus - Made the bus in seconds flat.

    ReplyDelete